Search

Monday, August 13, 2012

Indiana State Fair

I love state fairs. The food, the farm animals, people watching; it's just an all around good time. We went last Saturday, which luckily ended up being a gorgeous day. Of course the first thing we do is gorge on the yummy fair food. Fried chicken fingers, french fries, fried pork tenderloin (not me, our bff Mark), funnel cakes, cold tomato juice, boba tea, and honey sticks were some of the things we stuffed our bellies with. I wanted to try a fried oreo, but by that time I was ready to be rolled out of the fair grounds.

Deep fried Kool-Aid??? WTF??
 So besides the food, there were the animals.. farm animals of course. This year's fair was all about the dairy cow. And I LOVE dairy cows. I went to school at a boarding school that has a dairy farm and I always loved visiting the calves or the big old bull, Mark. Cows are sweet... smelly, but sweet. And I think my little Penelope is part cow. Hehe..

Penelope's long lost sisters!
I never did find out why they shave the cows. They shave the white parts of their bodies. Or if they are jersey cows they get a little body mo-hawk. It's so weird.

pretty girl...
Oh and lucky me.. we saw a little calf that was only 4 hours old! Poor thing was calling for his mom, who was tied a few feet away from her.

4 hour old on the left!
And of course the 4H stuff was going on. Lambs, cows, ewes, but no piggies. There were some horses, and we saw the horses that were involved in the accident yesterday with the fair princesses.. or whatever. I'm glad that nobody got seriously hurt like last year. It seems like the Indy state fair is cursed! Well, there's about a week left of the fair so cross your fingers nothing else happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment