Search

Monday, August 20, 2012

Busy week! Long-ish update...

NOTE: I started this writing this post on Sunday, but I finished it today.. sorry if I confuse you.
******
Phew, I'm glad that week is over. You know, when I had a M-F job, Friday was always the day I considered the last day of the week. Now that I don't have a job, and EVERY day seems like a Friday, I have to go by the day that my class work is due (Sundays). One more assignment and a quiz and I'm home free. And I'll say what I say every Sunday...this week I will not procrastinate and wait until the day before homework is do to start it. Hehe, wishful thinking.

Let'seeeeeee...finally got my ass back into the gym, went to Ru Yi, Naked Tchopstix (again!), One World Market, Saigon..yeah, it was definitely Asian food week. Of course we never get tired of it!

Earlier in the week Dillon had to go get a haircut  (his sister is a great hair stylist) and she recommended that we check out Ru Yi which is located in the same strip mall as her salon. I ordered a rainbow roll, spicy tuna (that was actually suppose to be our appetizer), and Dillon ordered the teriyaki Chicken. Even though the serving of teriyaki was quite large, it wasn't very good. The chicken was super over cooked, tough, and some parts burned. The sushi on the other hand was really, really good. If we are ever in Avon again, we'll stop here instead of Sushi Club.

Teri-YUCKY chicken, rainbow roll, spicy tuna


Saigon is my new favorite Vietnamese restaurant. The pho is so good! Especially after a long, hard, work-out. Okay, so it was only aqua Zumba AND it was for old people...I still got a work-out. :P Any way, I got pho tai and Dillon (who is sooo predictable in his food choices) ordered ginger chicken. Someday I will get him to try something new....


pho-king delicious! hehe..



Naked Tchopstix was a spur of the moment decision on Friday night. I'm surprised I convinced Dillon to even go to Broad Ripple on a Friday night. Of course it wasn't hard to get him excited to go. SUSHI, turns us both on. So does unfiltered sake. Ozeki nigori sake... oh, I could have had 3 bottles. Unfortunately, one small bottle is $15.99. Actually everything we ordered was kind of expensive. The tuna carpaccio was $9.99 and you only got 4 pieces of thinly sliced tuna w/citrus juice squeezed on top. Our rolls weren't over priced, but our bill still came out to $74.89.

No food pics...we were in the bar section and the lights were turned down super low. But I managed to get this shot before they turned down the lights. OH YER....sexy time...

i think i'm turned on..... >.>
 Saturday was suppose to be devoted to finishing up classwork. I know, I know; I'm a super procrastinator, but I do my best work under pressure! Any way, 6 hours into class work and I realized I hadn't eaten anything all day. There is nothing worse than a lack of food headache. Of course, my go to food is always Asian...and I needed to pick up a few things from the Japanese market so it was win win drive up to One World Market in Castleton. We bought some goodies, but I'll save that for another post.

Did I go for sushi?? NAH.. I got Miso Katsu. OH, nom nom nom. So fattening, but oh so tasty. It was so good, but they gave me so much rice!

Miso Katsu
Cucumber, pile of shredded cabbage, mountain of rice, katsudon, miso soup, and miso sauce. It was really tasty, and I wish I could have it every day. But it would probably kill my diet. LOL.

If you want to learn how to make katsudon you can watch Cooking With Dog video or RunnyRunny999's video.

Sorry for the long post. I'll try to be better at posting more often so I don't have long ass posts. :P

"Yum-Yum Bento Box; Fresh Recipes for Adorable Lunches" (Google Affiliate Ad)

No comments:

Post a Comment