Search

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's day..or, just another day

The other day there was some discussion if there was going to be a regular raid on Thursdays. My guild (yes, I'm a nerd, I play Warcraft) usually raids on Tuesdays and Thursday nights. Since Valentine's day was on a Thursday, some of the non-attached members wanted to know if there was going to be raid or not. They were not sure if the guildies that have girlfriends or wives (I'm pretty much the only girl, except for a DK/rogue in our guild) were going to be doing something special on v-day.

Special? I said, "It's just another day to me..."

Of course I should have known a flurry of messages about how they would shower me with love and gifts if I were their girlfriend would follow that statement. So I will elaborate:

Everyday is Valentine's day for me. I don't have to wake up to an annoying, loud alarm clock; I wake up to warm hands giving me a gentle back rub. I am so lucky that I never have to do the dishes, take out the trash, feed the animals, clean Zed's litter box, or clean up the doggie landmines in the back yard. If I'm thirsty or hungry in the middle of night (we are weekend night owls), Dillon will run out and get me something without complaining. He always runs errands or goes grocery shopping with me, and never allows me to carry any of the bags. When I'm cooking or do a marathon baking/cooking day, he is my number one sous-chef (penelope & buddy being number 2 & 3); gathering ingredients, chopping, stirring, and most importantly, opening jars my little weak hands can't open. And he will sit in the kitchen to keep me company.. just because he likes to be with me. Dillon tells me he loves me as soon as he wakes up, when he leaves for work, in text messages, after brief phone calls, at random, and before he goes to bed. It is rare to not hear Dillon say "I love you" at least 10x a day. He gives me unexpected gifts; maybe something Hello Kitty themed, down load a movie I want to watch, an album I want to listen to, a game I want to play, or even more exciting to me..a new digital pet or mount on Warcraft. :P

He is the best boyfriend I have ever had and I adore him and thank him for making everyday special. ^^

I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's day and that you find your own special guy/girl that's just like my Dillon so that your everyday can be like Valentine's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment