Search

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Weekend Craft

I'm actually surprised that I'm not bored with playing with clay yet. Maybe once I get really good I'll get bored.. soo that would be.. uhm never? LOL.

I have a bunch of scrap clay from when I messed up on some charms. I used some of it to make a donut just to test out my frosting. From what I see online, most people use TLS, liquid clay and just put pieces of the color of clay you want to use for the color and mix it up. Or they use chalk pastels to make the color. I did the first method and it came out okay. Well, I don't have TLS, but I have the something similar, liquid clay adhesive...hmm, that's probably why the frosting didn't come out as good.


I had to do something fun with the picture. What else are my figurines for if not to pose them for photos?

I made this pot and sprouting plant charm for Dillon's sister. I still need to glaze it, but I'm happy how it turned out. ^__^ I really should invest in some nicer brushes so that I can do better detailing work. But unfortunately till our money situation gets better I'll have to keep using the tools I have not. I use a ball pin tool to paint the face on.

can't figure out how to rotate!
If you'll notice, my hands are really dry. I haven't had a chance to look this up yet, but I think the polymer clay is completely drying out my hands, especially my finger tips. I noticed last night (well.. 3am, I'm a night owl) that my finger tips were cracked and almost bleeding. :\ I had to so some TLC with some coco Vaseline and some shea butter.

 I feel so lame, I don't know the names of Totoro's little friends. I tried to do a quick search, but nothing really came up. I'll have to add an annotation to this later.

Any way, I've seen a few tutorials on how to make Totoro charms, I wanted to use some of my scrap clay and I had a perfect blue for the little.. uhm.. mini-me Totoro (gah, I will find out his name). He didn't come out very well, but for my first try, I think he looks pretty good. The white belly is completely off and the paint work is horrid, but.. I think he's still cute. I'll attempt it again next week; just molding the body took me an hour. I was getting frustrated over my nails and I think the clay was too soft (my hands were super hot today) and plus I'm very impatient---I blame all of those reasons for how he came out.


Oh, the little guy in the background is my strawberry jelly toast. I'll post a better picture after I'm done glazing him.

Well, that is all that I did as far as crafting for this weekend. I probably won't be making anymore for a few weeks because I need to study for my MA certification test....which I haven't scheduled yet... *cough* I'm so bad...



No comments:

Post a Comment