Search

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Beauty box: Julep Maven

One of my many guilty pleasures is watching some of the "beauty gurus" on YouTube. And a lot of them promote monthly subscription beauty boxes. There's Birch box, Glossy box, Beauty box five, Blissmo, Beauty Army box.. list goes on and on. The only box I subscribe to is Julep Maven ($19.99/mo) which is mostly nail polish and nail care products, but I've received full size skin care products and makeup products. I've received sunblock, anti-aging lotion, skin brightener, and a blush. And my September box (American Beauty) had two nail polishes and a full size mascara. Thank god, because I was running out and I didn't want to drive all the way to Greenwood to go to Sephora.


The green color is called Hoch and the white polish is Eileen. I'm not sure how good these two colors will look on my darker skin color, but I'll give it a try. Oh, I can use these for some of the cool nail art designs I saw on Pinterest.

I think I might try either the Boho Glam or Bombshell boxes. ^__^ You can try a month free by going to this link. I have to warn you tho, while you can skip a month (maybe it's not in your budget for the month, or the box previews don't interest you) it's very easy to forget to log in on the 21st of each month to skip. That's the only thing I hate about these box programs; it makes them seem so shady! Any way, you have been warned! ^__^

The Color Institute 45-Pc. Beauty Balance Makeup Set (Google Affiliate Ad)

No comments:

Post a Comment